Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chicken BBQ Burgers




Working full-time and running a household has forced me to manage my time better. Normally I put together dinner before I head into work so that it is ready to be placed on the table when I walk in the door. Last night I did tortilla soup in the crock pot using my favorite Vegetarian recipe from allrecipes.com, although I did throw in some leftover turkey fillets that had been sitting in the freezer. Tonight we are having BBQ Burgers. I improvised a little bit with what we had....

Chicken BBQ Burger
  • Tear up two Slices of Bread into small pieces ( I used one of the end slices that always gets thrown away)
  • One Egg (beaten)
  • 1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
  • 1/2 Cup of diced fresh onion
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp of minced garlic
  • Ground Chicken ( I used Jenny O brand I think it was called)
Defrost chicken in microwave. In the meantime mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken. Use a spoon and your hands to form eight patties on plates. Cover and place in fridge. 
When Brian gets home I will have him throw two at a time on the George Foreman for about eight minutes. Then top with a mixture of bbq sauce and a little mayo. You can mix up to half and half of each and even add some brown sugar but I try to stay away from the extra sugar and mayonnaise.  
SIDE: 6 MINUTE Instant Potato Packs from the Produce Section. I threw these red skinned potatoes in the microwave and mixed with milk, butter, salt, pepper and some more minced garlic.
We always do a salad- tonight will be spinach, onion, sweet peppers and tomato. 
If you haven't tried Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette you are seriously missing out.
It can be ordered here:
http://www.amazon.com/Garlic-Expressions-cfuda/dp/B0010CBEY8

No comments:

Post a Comment