Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MarryMe.


The show last Thursday went alright. Already, my eighteen piece collection was following a great, new designer who had thirty pieces. Because of this, I was nervous that although it was my favorite collection I've done as far as fabrics and inspiration go, that it would seem super short in the audience's minds. To make an impression I had saved my favorite two dresses for last and somehow there was a miscommunication backstage and all of my models rushed out for their final walk before the last two girls were able to. Needless to say, I'm not sure the guests actually took notice of my last two favorite dresses. And if they did, they were unsure as to why they were now in the finale and hadn't walked out yet on their own.
Unable to do much about this, I rolled with the punches and walked out with my little girl, Stella. After walking up and down the runway I was on my way back and noticed Brian standing in the center of the main stage. Initially I thought how handsome he looked and that he was so cute to hop on stage and take Stella from me. I gave him a quick kiss and went to hand him our daughter... but he wouldn't take her. So, I handed her to him again. And he was sort of brushed her off back to me. This was when I started to get a little confused. "Brian, what are you doing?" I asked. Then he started to get down on his knee and in return I started to loose my breath and shake uncontrollably. His eyes were a little glassy when he looked back up at me this time and I knew now what was going on. So, as most of you now know- we're ENGAGED!
The next day my friend texted me to ask how it feels as an engaged woman. I know for some it might feel different, but- Brian and I already have a daughter together and we live together... so we sort of jumped the gun in that aspect, but life throws you curve balls and you have to adjust. I feel the same, but even more in love with the direction my life is heading. I am so happy with the man I have to call my future husband and my beautiful little family that I couldn't imagine my life any other way than it is now.
Also, Project Runway wrote me an email saying that they would like to see me enter the casting for season 9! I'm not a huge TV buff but I've seen the show a few times and I'm blown away that they would even be interested in me. Needless to say, I'm going to take the plunge and fill out the 25 page application form. If I don't make it, there's always next year. If I do and I'm the first one kicked off- everyone in America will know about Richard & Bancroft, a big improvement from a few people in Jacksonville, Florida. Winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment