Tuesday, February 23, 2010

GypsyChild


Right now I'm craving a sweet pile of breakfast food and sushi all at the same time. I woke up not feeling well this morning and immediately blame it on the head cold that has been playing games with me all week, disappearing and then waking me up vengeance. I made a healthy breakfast of eggs, salsa, coffee and a banana in an effort to ignore the fact I might be getting sick and called a contact from The Donager group to set up a time to meet with him tomorrow. He made sure to stress that he WAS NOT an employment agency, but he's nice enough to put a face with a voice and a resume so I'm grateful for that.
It was raining when I woke up and has continued to pour down all day. I'm sitting here dreaming of sushi and belgian waffles with nails painted, make up and heels on, ready to go apply to my last resort: hotel and restaurant jobs.
As soon as the rain lets up I'm out the door.
What is it with the show 24? I've only become remotely obsessed with one show in my entire life, Gossip Girl, which was arranged and reminded by my room mates and friends or else I surely would have forgotten about it. Every man I know is either a loyal viewer or at least a big fan. I called my dad last night after taking a personality-career test to tell him I am destined to become a journalist. Only 5% of the population achieve these results. I finally have my life figured out! He politely hung up the phone as fast as he could mumbling the numbers 24 into the receiver...
Looks like I've lost him to the cult too.
He did call back, we caught up and ended the phone in a mutual agreement that I was the gypsy child of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment